Specialist provider of digital dictation workflow solutions, BigHand, has extended the capabilities of its mobility suite with the introduction of BigHand 4.4.
The enhanced solution, which comes as the trend towards remote and mobile working continues to flourish, offers increased functionality and greater interoperability for mobile users.
The Mobility suite operates across a variety of devices and platforms – and the new enhancements have been customised accordingly to suit user needs and expectations. Specifically driven by customer feedback, BigHand for Smartphones will now include full priority synchronisation on smartphones, synchronising the full range of priorities configured on a BigHand server. This will include ‘Due By’ priorities, allowing a user to specify a date and time by which they require completion of the task.
Additional device-based features include:
- iPhone – Dictations can now be sent while the application is minimised. The new functionality helps increase user efficiencies and is of particular benefit for users in areas with poor data connections – enabling them to continue other work whilst dictations are being delivered.
- Android – Supporting the latest devices such as the HTC One S and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus amongst others.
- BlackBerry – Optimised to work with BlackBerry’s new Q10 and Z10 handsets and includes standard BigHand for Smartphone features including: ability to take photos, add attachments and view a full work list. It also enables dictation profiling and Bluetooth recording.
- Windows Phone 8 – Designed specifically for this platform. The user interface has a different look and feel to our traditional smartphone applications – but the application has the same functionality as BigHand for BlackBerry 10. BigHand for Windows Phone 8 has passed testing by Microsoft’s Depth Partner Program, meaning BigHand’s application is recognised by Microsoft as a ‘showcase app of the highest standards of design and application quality.
- Philips DPM 8000 - The new Philips DPM 8000 is one of the most advanced portable recording devices in the world. Users of BigHand 4.4 will be able to make use not only of its superior recording quality and intuitive design, but also its advanced conference recording and the ability to flag high priority dictations on the device.
- Mobile Device Management – BigHand for iPhone is now integrated with MobileIron’s Mobile@Work™, allowing administrators to deploy, configure and where necessary selectively wipe the application from a central console.
Andy Fielder, Technology Director at BigHand comments: “The enhancements, many of which are in direct response to customer feedback, will significantly improve the user experience and help reduce maintenance overheads, increase productivity and further improve organisational efficiencies”.
“The growing consumer appetite for mobile devices – as well as the widespread business focus on finding productivity and efficiency gains – means that technology specialists must work hard to ensure innovation evolves in line with fast-moving customer needs and expectations. After 4.4, we will shortly be releasing BigHand’s native iPad app which incorporates dictation capabilities as well as the process of document approval on the move. Digital dictation workflow software is increasingly being used to help business professionals get more done at work using their voice – minimising onerous administrative processes, and saving time and money”.