How Ten10's successful automation of regression testing increased efficiency for a major desktop migration project
The client: One of the UK’s largest, leading law firms
Ten10 services: Test automation
Key project features:
- Legal systems
- Desktop migration
- Test management
- Monitoring of production applications - functional & performance
- Traffic light dashboard
- Bespoke automation tool configuration
- Smoke testing
- HP Quality Centre & Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
- Time & money savings
- Our client is one of the largest and most reputable law firms in the UK.
- From an initial base in London, our client has grown a network of nine offices spanning major UK business centres and with a growing international network.
- The firm’s technology platform was based on virtualised servers & storage, hosted in co-located data centres.
- Testing processes, procedures, documents and related test scripts and data results (literally thousands of assets) were managed manually using MS Word.
- Our client had a lack of internal expertise in test automation
- The pressure and demands of a global desktop rollout without automation or test management tools.
- The need to alleviate pressure on manual resources and to automate regression testing so focus could be directed to new functional changes
- The need to rapidly automate a regression pack for key business-critical applications to avoid negative impact during the project’s rollout