- Allen & Overy takes top prize at Financial Times Innovative Lawyer Awards for record fifth time
Allen & Overy has been announced as the ‘Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe’ at the prestigious Financial Times Innovative Lawyer Awards. Of the fifty firms that appear in the rankings, A&O is the only one to have...
- A&O Foundation announces support for fourteen charities
A&O’s head of operations in Myanmar, Win Ma Ma Aye, and Yangon associate Als Scrope, both visited southern Shan State in Myanmar earlier this summer to see how an A&O Foundation grant is helping the international landmine clearance...
- First group of tech companies confirmed to work in Allen & Overy's Fuse
Fuse is targeting legaltech (helping in-house lawyers and law firms to operate and deliver their services in smarter, more efficient ways), regtech (supporting businesses in complying with law and regulation) and dealtech (developing new ways for...
- Allen & Overy sees long term international investment deliver record results against a challenging backdrop
Allen & Overy has announced record figures for the year ended 30 April 2017, a result of continued strong performance in mature markets coupled with the success of a long term commitment to the development of the international network in high...
- Fintech specialists Nivaura has been appointed A&O's entrepreneurs-in-residence
Allen & Overy has appointed fintech specialists from Nivaura as entrepreneurs-in-residence, to help support and mentor the tech companies which will be selected to work in Fuse, Allen & Overy’s new tech innovation space based in its...
- Baker McKenzie named as one of Stonewall's top global employers for 2017
- Harry Small awarded Global Senior Champion Award
- Baker McKenzie named one of Stonewall's Top Global Employers 2017
- Second consecutive year the Firm has been named a Top Global Employer
Global law firm Baker McKenzie...
- Double win for Allen & Overy at GRR Charity Awards
The award for innovation went to the US$2.3 billion restructuring of Ukrainian steel and mining company Metinvest and involved 159 lawyers across A&O’s London, Amsterdam and New York offices.
Completed in March, Metinvest...
- Allen & Overy win six award at Europe Women in Business Law Awards
The seventh annual Euromoney LMG Europe Women in Business Law Awards, which took place in London on Thursday 15 June, saw A&O take home a total of six awards. These comprised five winners in the individual categories and the firm named...
- A&O and ICMEC continue to fight online child exploitation
On 9 May, International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children (ICMEC) launched a new campaign to engage and enlist more leaders from the Asia-Pacific region's financial and technology industries to fight online child sexual...
- Brethertons named the top legal services provider for the private and rented sector
We fought off tough competition to be shortlisted, and was announced as the winner of the ‘Legal Services Award’ at the inaugural Private Rented Sector Awards 2017 held in London on 20 April. The judges singled out the glowing...
- Allen & Overy win law firm of the year at Risk Awards 2017
Allen & Overy was named Law Firm of the Year at the Risk Awards 2017, in recognition of the role the international legal practice played in helping the world’s largest banks ‘race to comply’ with new margin rules for non-...
- Allen & Overy scoops awards for competition and innovation at Legal Business Awards 2017
The Competition award was given in recognition of the firm’s work advising VEON (formerly VimpelCom) on the antitrust aspects of the creation of the WIND/3 Italia joint venture. The merger combined Italy’s third and fourth largest...
- Allen & Overy partner with War Child on charity project in Syria
A&O’s ‘First Hour First Day’ campaign – in which people donated their first hour or first day’s pay of 2017 – has raised over GBP467,000 for our Global Charity Partner, War Child.
More than 1,100 A...
- Robot mores by Damien Behan, Brodies
This article was also featured as an opinion piece in the December 2016 issue of Briefing. To read the issue in full, ...