- Law firms still running Windows 7 software are at risk of cyber-attacks after 14 January 2020
One of the weaknesses of the partnership model as a business structure is that it is less open to public scrutiny than businesses with external investors. Law firms may employ experts in the areas of IT, finance, marketing and HR but they don...
- DPS Software: Wokingham Borough Council bolster recruitment strategy with remote working
Shared Legal Services (SLS) from Wokingham Borough Council and the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead began looking for a new case management system in early 2018. A key consideration for them was the ability to work remotely with the best...
- Tikit free webinar: circle of trust – contact management best practices
Do you want to gain new clients and keep the ones you have? Then you can’t overestimate the importance of respect. It’s a commodity which can get you “over the line” in a myriad of personal and business situations.
- Tikit announces twelve NetDocuments wins in recent months
4th December 2019, London – Tikit, a global provider of technology to law firms, today announced they have won twelve NetDocuments sites over recent months across Europe. The cloud-based document management platform has been...
- Knowledge management: Preventing the loss of knowledge in the law firm with DPS Software
News Article - 04/12/2019 : case management software, legal software, managed IT, Online legal software, practice management software, Web-based legal software, Practice Management, Practice Management
We’re living in an information era, where knowledge can feel omnipresent. Yet firms often lose insights that they’ve carefully developed. This is due to poor knowledge management and retention. This poor management can have serious...
- Tikit hold their biggest ever P4W National User Group to date
Last month Tikit held their 15th P4W National User Group. With nearly 230 attendees, this was their biggest meeting to date, with more sponsors and content than ever before. The theme for the day was Trust, and how law firms can engender trust in...
- Legal accounts rules: your responsibilities and how to comply by Julian Bryan, managing director at Quill
Where duty of care is concerned, protection of client monies is one of the highest priorities for law firms. As well as financial security being an obvious responsibility, it’s a vital regulatory obligation too.
Depending on your...
- Collaboration in the digital age: Why it matters to the legal sector with DPS Software
Lawyers working in today’s market must be able to collaborate. Its global, inter-disciplinary and technologically enhanced nature make it a must. Not doing so leaves Lawyers and law firms at risk of being left behind.
- Amy Simpson at LexisNexis on how software can help lawyers ensure the accuracy of their legal research
If you have ever run an internet search and remained dubious about the results, you’re not the only one. These days, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to find trusted information sources on the internet. In fact, 70% of us in the...
- Alex Williams at Tikit on using tech to stay compliant with the upcoming AML directive
As you’re probably aware, the EU’s fifth anti-money laundering directive (5AMLD) comes into force in January 2020. And law firms really do need to comply, especially as they’re particularly vulnerable. While banks and...
- Insight legal: Protecting data in the cloud - a guide for law firms
Data is a vital asset to every modern legal practice. It is the backbone of both case and business continuity and without it, almost any firm today would cease to operate. As data sets grow continuously, law firms are becoming ever more reliant...
- Tech is growing the legal field, not shrinking it says DPS Software
News Article - 19/11/2019 : case management software, legal software, managed IT, Online legal software, practice management software, Web-based legal software, Practice Management, Practice Management
Change is always hard. Lawyers have seen the legal field transform with the arrival of machine learning, AI and case management software and there has been concern among lawyers about the future of their careers. If AI is so smart, can it take...
- 'Hiring from within’ is the key to successful legal IT, says Insight Legal
The legal industry is utilising more technology than ever before. Law firms understand that in order to be considered as a leader in their respective fields, incorporating both legal IT and the knowledge to power it is now essential.
- Building trust in property transactions using TPMA, with Quill and Shieldpay
Technology is having a profound impact at all levels of our society. Nowhere is this more true than in the
property sector, where there is a live debate about the merits of introducing new technological solutions
versus the risk of...
- Tikit discuss: What's in a workflow?
When you think about compliance, the word workflow doesn’t immediately spring to mind. Yet it should. Workflows allow a firm to provide a consistent level of service to their customers, ensuring that tasks are undertaken by those with...