- Macfarlanes rolls out CV-blind policy to training contract applicants
Macfarlanes has extended its CV-blind policy to its training contracts, making it the third firm to select its trainees using this method.
The City firm decided to incorporate a CV-blind element into its recruiting for this year’s...
- Measuring performance – the new approach
Mapping and establishing business development competencies for performance evaluation and remuneration.
It’s been interesting reading the legal press recently and observing a transition away from the traditional lock step model...
- Advanced Legal is driving growth with recruitment of fresh talent
Software firm is looking to expand
Leading legal software firm, Advanced Legal, is on a talent hunt as part of its plans for...
- Legal accounts salary survey 2014
Balance Recruitment is an award-winning specialist accountancy recruitment consultancy with offices in London and Hertford. Balance...
- Webinar: Conquering resistance to change in law firms
In this presentation, John Wade of OCCM and Sherry Bevan of Sherry Bevan Consulting, will walk you through the process of introducing, leading and managing change in law firms. They will:
- Help you to understand why people are...
- How to come up with original legal blog ideas
Resource - 03/07/2014 : Content marketing, Digital copywriting, hr, human resources, legal content marketing, legal copywriting, legal marketing, Marketing and BD, McKenna Legal Copywriting, practice management, Print copywriting, Human Resources, Practice Management
Despite telling my clients that they need to blog at least once a week to improve and retain their rankings on Google, I have not posted anything on my own blog for nearly a month. Why have I not followed my own advice?
- Nikec Solutions expands its horizons with new Sydney office
Nikec Solutions expands its horizons with the opening of a new office in Sydney, Australia
Business expansion will provide local account management and enhanced technical support to customers in Australia and New Zealand...
- Why financial services workers leave, and what firms can do to make them stay
Retention is one of the most pressing concerns of employers worldwide, and financial services is no exception.
Keeping hold of talented workers is important from a financial, cultural and branding perspective...
- Law firms finding cash: to thrive or survive
Video length: 4 mins 41 secs
David Snell, Glen Babcock and David Baxendale discuss the challenges facing law firms and what steps they can take to ensure they are maximising cash from within their own businesses.
- MiniSoft UK announce new UK operations manager
MiniSoft are delighted to announce that they have hired David Beeby as the new UK operations manager for MiniSoft.
- Five secrets of influential people
Insight, tips and ideas on how to win more high value work
The acquisition of influence is a long-term process. It is the gradual accumulation of credibility over time, and it is a strategy far more than a skill....
- HR agony aunt: Careless whispers
This blog post was also featured as a column in the May issue of Legal Practice Management magazine. To read the issue in full...
- SRA whittles down diversity data non-compliers to hardcore 100
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) has cut the number of law firms failing to hand over data on the diversity of their staff from 1,106 to 108.
The regulator said it had made it “very clear” to the remaining firms that...
- HR agony aunt: Selfies and sickies
Blog post - 29/05/2014 : agony aunt, hr, human resources, Legal Practice Management, Legal Practice Management magazine, LPM magazine, Polly Jeanneret, sick days, video recruitment, Human Resources, Practice Management
- Eight pitching approaches that win work
Winning business digest: insight, tips and ideas on how to win more high value work
Despite the continuing economic turbulence, pitches for new business and panel reviews haven’t diminished for many professional...