- Top five challenges facing a finance director in law
Finance directors play a critical leadership role in the legal profession, supporting their firms to adapt to sophisticated and changing client expectations while maintaining internal profits and building the right financial platform for growth...
- Cascade HR’s Emily Cryan explains how their Leeds offices help in their quest to put the ‘human’ back into human resources
Describe your business in no more than 100 words
Cascade provides fully integrated HR and HMRC-recognised payroll software...
- Career Legal: What you need to know about the money laundering regulations 2017
Finalised in mid-2015, the ‘Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations 2017’ was only just recently approved by parliament and commenced on the 26th June 2017. Despite being aware of it for over two years...
- Polly Jeanneret's HR agony aunt: Forced festivity?
This article was also featured as a HR agony aunt in the November 2016 issue of LPM. To read the issue in full, download LPM.
- Industry case study from CascadeGo: People power
This article was also featured as am incdusry case stufy in the December 2016 issue of Legal Practice Management magazine. To read the issue in full, ...
- Cogence Search interviews Natasha Harrison
Natasha started her career at the Bar, at 4 Pump Court Chambers before joining the legacy firm Wild Sapte as an associate in their litigation and arbitration practice. Shortly after the firm’s merger with Denton Hall, Natasha stepped into...
- Iken's guide to writing a requirements specification
Once you’ve decided you need a new system for your team you’ve taken the first step. The next step is to tie down exactly what you need into a software specification.
Software specifications don’t need to be complex; they...
- Legal, HR and Pensions choose Iken
Iken case management has been chosen for the legal, HR and Pensions Fund Service at Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council.
Based within the Greater Manchester region the Council’s departments wanted a system that would provide...
- Workday Elevate
Event - 23/03/2016 : Central London, Finance, HCM plenary, hr, Human Resource Management, Workday Elevate, Workday Financial Management, Workday Human Capital Management, Conferences, Human Resources, Technology
You want your organisation to thrive in a rapidly changing world. Whether you’re in finance, HR, or IT, your team needs insight and agility to make smart decisions and help the business grow.
Join us at Workday Elevate on 24 May to...
- HR agony aunt: On mentors, temperamental lawyers and recruiting well
This blog post was also featured as a Q&A in the October 2015 issue of Legal Practice Management magazine...
- New war for talent pushing up adoption of HR tech, says Fairsail
As the economy continues to improve and skills are in shorter supply, mid-size companies have a greater appetite for HR technology and automation, reports Cath Everett.
Faced with an uphill struggle to bring employees in with the right...
- Smarter use of tech can help create "HR superheroes", says IBM
Using HR tech, social media and collaborative working can help HR flourish during times of rapid change, delegates at the IBM Smarter Workforce summit in London learned. Michael Carty reports.
“Change is happening on...
- Consider your career as a life journey and not a ladder
Most of us tend to associate career development with climbing the professional ladder; trying to manage our careers as an upward only process, re-framing professional development as a journey rather than a ladder can be much more fulfilling and...
- Gravitas – why it’s important for your career
Gravitas is usually associated with perceptions of influence, authority, dignity and importance. The strength of this association is so strong that it leads others to feel more confident with the person that has gravitas despite their levels of...