- LexisNexis UK Enterprise Solutions launches managed services offering
LexisNexis UK, a leading provider of content-enabled workflow solutions including legal enterprise software, today announced LexisNexis Managed Services, offering LexisNexis Axxia dna as a fully-hosted, integrated practice management application...
- Initial results point to an increase in profitability
Firms are not necessarily billing as much as in 2009, but the majority are more profitable than they were a year ago, according to an overview of the results from the first practices to report their figures for the 2009-10 financial year.
- Pilgrims Momentum continues to Accelerate with the Recent Signing of HC Solicitors
hc solicitors is a 100-people firm based in Peterborough with a large local and national client base. Providing a full range of legal services for individuals, families and companies, the firm combines 75 years of experience with new and...
- Saudi firm Bafakih embraces alternative billing with yearly subscription strategy
Saudi Arabian firm Bafakih & Nassief is introducing alternative billing structures by offering its clients unlimited advice in return for a one-off annual fee.
The Jeddah-based firm, which also has offices in Medina and the Saudi...
- Mayer Brown and Reed Smith set to champion fixed fees
Mayer Brown is looking to move away from traditional hourly billing models, with plans to bring in fixed or capped fees for transactional work.
Mayer Brown's senior management is in the process of reviewing how the firm bills clients and...
- AGFS Billing from DPS Software
At the beginning of April 2009 DPS Software announced the launch of the AGFS Billing Module. As the number of solicitors who have been granted advocacy rights grows, so too does the need for a system that can deal with AGFS billing. If you need a...
- Job market growth remains weak, finds research
The UK labour market grew at its weakest rate for a year last month, according to data from the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).
Their Report on Jobs, compiled from recruitment consultancy data and produced with KPMG, found...
- Tikit buys Carpe Diem and TimeKM, outlines roadmap
Tikit Group PLC has completed the simultaneous acquisition of the IP rights and customer contracts for the Carpe Diem time recording software from Sage Software Inc and the Canadian software company PensEra, best known in the legal IT market for...
- Legalsupportnetwork.co.uk interviews... Dan Tacone of IntApp
In the first of what will become a regular interview slot on legalsupportnetwork.co.uk, Rupert White talks to Dan Tacone, president of IntApp
As our latest issue...
- ILCA changes name to Institute of Legal Finance and Management
To keep in line with current developments in the world of legal finance, The Institute of Legal Cashiers and Administrators has today announced an innovative re-branding of the business name. With effect from Friday 12 November 2010, The...
- Cravath unveils 2010 bonuses; Citi says US market flat but costs down
Cravath Swaine & Moore has released the details of its year-end associate bonuses, becoming the first major US firm to reveal its hand this year, reports The Am Law Daily.
The awards, which will be paid out on 10 December, range from...
- Berrymans Lace Mawer successfully implements Aderant Expert
Aderant, a global provider of business, financial, and information management software for law and professional services firms, today announced that national law firm Berrymans Lace Mawer LLP (BLM) has successfully completed the implementation of...
- Partners working in "silos" pose major danger to law firms' risk management strategies
Lawyers working alone in "silos" present serious potential risks to law firms, but limiting partners' autonomy can harm your practice's bottom line, a conference heard last week.
Speakers at Managing Partner magazine's risk management for...
- Aderant Matter Planning application now available
Aderant, a global provider of business, financial, and information management software for law and professional services firms, today announced the general availability of its newest Aderant Expert module, Expert Matter Planning.
- Farrer & Co Successfully Implements ADERANT Expert
Prestigious UK Law Firm is the first client worldwide to roll out the latest software version, ADERANT Expert "Golden Gate" Release.
ADERANT, a global provider of business, financial, and information management software for law firms,...