- Clio webinar: Billing beyond the basics
We'll dive into the details of invoice generation, bill modification, invoice reconciliation, A/R...
- Firms face rates pressure as almost 50% of GCs predict legal spend cuts
In-house lawyers set to squeeze fees with one in five predicting cuts of more than 10%
Almost half of in-house lawyers expect to see their legal spend fall over the next two years, with many of these anticipating a...
- Deltek 2 minute expert: Improve billability
Video length: 2 mins 20 secs
Silvio Douven, business development director at Deltek, talks about how to improve billability, and how to increase billable hours.
- Mayer Brown set to shield billings from currency fluctuations
Mayer Brown is looking to introduce new financial hedging products that would allow the firm to protect its billings from fluctuating currency values.
The US law firm, which last year hired a global treasury manager to centralise...
- Waterfront Solicitors dramatically improves billing efficiency with Virtual Practices’ hosted legal software service
London-based Waterfront Solicitors LLP has transformed its billing efficiency with the move to managing matters and time recording in the ‘cloud’ with the hosted legal software service of Virtual Practices.
- Advanced Professional Solutions (APS) and dhc Increase billable hours and improve cashflow
Advanced Professional Solutions (APS) in the UK, market leading provider of Practice Management solutions for top tier accounting and professional service firms today announces the availability of a new software interface between Advance Practice...
- Holman Fenwick trio launch City boutique focused on alternative fees
A trio of Holman Fenwick Willan partners have left the firm to set up their own City marine law boutique.
Partners Jonathan Campbell, Alistair Johnston and Julian Clark launched the new firm, Campbell Johnston Clark, yesterday (31 August)...
- LawSoft Auto Billing - Harper Macleod Report Real Benefits for Clients
The legal landscape is forever evolving and any law firm with sustainability and client satisfaction in its vision needs to continually assess and develop its technology. Scottish commercial law firm, Harper Macleod does not shy away from...
- New civil billing module from DPS Software
DPS software has just announced their new Civil Billing module for E-Forms and bulk upload of the CMRF and CMSF forms.
DPS have a long history of working to develop systems that help practitioners meet LSC requirements. The latest changes...
- Eversheds considers taking shares in clients as fees
Eversheds is considering taking shares in client companies in exchange for fees as growing numbers of law firms look at more innovative pricing options including fee rebates.
The top 10 UK firm is in the early stages of considering shares...
- Eversheds to offshore more support work, 100 jobs at risk
Eversheds is to offshore HR, administration and finance roles, with 100 jobs at risk of redundancy as a result.
The firm has signed a seven-year agreement with Accenture, which will also see Accenture develop a common IT platform for all...
- Camerons markets alternative billing and fixed fee deal to 3,500 clients
CMS Cameron McKenna has launched a major alternative billing campaign in a bid to boost client loyalty and attract new business.
The firm is offering a 'no questions asked' fixed-fee payment system, which will see clients pay for legal...
- Stones Solicitors LLP turns to SOS Connect for ‘slicker’ legal systems for 115 users
South West law firm Stones Solicitors LLP has selected SOS Connect integrated case and practice management software from Bath-based Solicitors Own Software (SOS). This comes as a result of the law firm's strategy to focus on business agility and...
- Wilkin Chapman select Linetime's case and practice management system
Wilkin Chapman LLP, the largest law firm in Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire with 32 partners and 254 staff has contracted with Linetime for their Liberate case and practice management system. Liberate will be replacing Iris (Aim Evolution)....
- Wall Street's legal elite stage recovery but fees fall at US top 100
Wall Street's leading law firms have defied gloomy predictions to stage a notable comeback in 2009, emerging as the top performers among the US's 100 largest law firms.
Financial results for 2009 from Legal Week's US sister title The...