- CC to plug funds practice gap
Magic circle firm aims to boost partner count as associate ranks thin.
Sometimes it is not just about the partners. Clifford Chance’s investment funds practice has had a torrid year, with four partners – one a tax lawyer – quitting...
- Top law firms redouble efforts to boost female representation
Herbert Smith, Hogan Lovells and Addleshaw Goddard are among a host of firms rolling out new initiatives to help retain and promote more female lawyers, with the moves coming as businesses face increasing pressure to up the number of...
- Focus on gender balanced boards ‘stifling broader diversity debate’
Lack of ethnic minorities at the top being ignored, conference told.
The current focus on appointing more women to UK boardrooms is sending out the wrong message on diversity at the top levels, a leading inclusion expert has warned...
- ‘Significant’ progress on female board members
But most new appointments are non-executives, figures show.
Ministers and academics have praised the “significant” progress made in increasing the number of women on boards, a year after Lord Davies launched his report on the issue...
- Women add emotional intelligence to boardroom, finds report
Executives believe better gender balance helps decision-making.
Most executives believe that hiring more women into board positions brings more emotional intelligence to the top table, research has shown.
The survey of over...
- Europe moves closer to boardroom diversity quotas
A European consultation has begun that could result in the introduction of compulsory quotas for the numbers of women appointed to board-level positions.
EU Justice Commissioner Viviane Reding yesterday announced the launch of the...
- Unhappy Links partners stall reappointment of Davies as managing partner
Linklaters chief Simon Davies failed to achieve the 75% majority vote required to secure his reappointment as managing partner due to a protest by partners unhappy with management decisions and the way they were communicated, it has...
- Aderant names Jacqui de Gernier EMEA Sales Director
Aderant, the world’s largest independent legal software company, announced today that Jacqui de Gernier has been appointed the company’s sales director for the EMEA region. Based in London, de Gernier has been an account executive with...
- IntApp expands UK team with appointment of legal expert Sam Suri
IntApp, Inc., provider of the most-adopted confidentiality management and information barriers software for law firms, today announced that Sam Suri has joined the company as Director of Product Strategy.
She brings significant...
- 11KBW follows bar trend by installing first-ever chief executive
11KBW has appointed its first chief executive with the hire of David Stead, currently director of marketing and business development at patent attornies Gill Jennings & Every.
It is Stead’s first appointment at the bar, having spent...
- FWBS Ltd appoints Andy Woods as New Business Sales Manager, reflecting significant business growth i
FWBS, the UK’s leading supplier of innovative software solutions for the legal profession, has appointed Andy Woods as a Sales Manager to support the company’s continued growth of the legal solutions business.
Andy Woods has today joined...
- ADERANT Appoints Carolyn Zelnio Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
ADERANT, a global provider of business, financial, and information management software for professional services organizations, today announced the appointment of Carolyn Zelnio as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Zelnio will be...
- Pilgrim announces key business development and marketing appointments
Pilgrim Systems has made two new appointments in Business Development and Marketing. Beverley Grant joins on 1st July as Business Development Manager for the London region and Helen Armstrong joined as Marketing Manager on 1st June.
- IntApp today announced the appointment of Dan Tacone as President
IntApp, the leading provider of risk management, time capture and integration software for the legal industry, today announced the appointment of Dan Tacone as President.
Mr. Tacone brings two decades of legal industry executive...