- Taking corporate legal operations to the next level: assessing your current maturity
HBR Consulting had the privilege of hosting an interactive workshop at the 2018 Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC) Institute that challenged participants to take their law department operations up a notch. This is the first in...
- HBR Consulting expands executive team, appointing Evan Trent as COO
HBR Consulting LLC (HBR), a trusted advisor to law firms and corporations worldwide, is pleased to announce that Evan Trent has joined the Firm’s executive team as chief operating officer (COO), effective April 2. With deep expertise in...
- Dashboards: a game changer for legal operations, according to HBR Consulting
Last month, I had the pleasure of moderating an excellent panel at the Consero Legal Operations Forum entitled “Dashboards & Portals: Leveraging Existing Operational Investments...
- HBR Consulting elevates president Nick Quil to chief executive officer
HBR Consulting LLC (HBR), a trusted advisor to law firms, law departments and corporations worldwide, is pleased to announce the elevation of president Nick Quil to the role of chief executive officer (CEO). Christopher Petrini-Poli, co-founder...
- GDPR compliance: is your organisation ready?
Over the course of this IG blog series, we have examined how the IG professional can align their IG program to directly support the mission and vision of their organization. Several case studies helped illustrate how this alignment allows the IG...
- HBR Consulting report: Law department artificial intelligence report
In the fall of 2017, HBR Consulting (HBR) conducted a series of corporate law department roundtables in cities across the country. The roundtable discussions focused on the results of the annual HBR Law Department Survey, the leading source of...
- In-house counsel compensation sees steady growth for fifth straight year, according to HBR Consulting’s 2017 law department survey
Salaries for in-house counsel grew slightly over the past year, according to a new analysis from HBR Consulting’s (HBR) 2017 Law Department Survey. The average year-over-year increase in total compensation (base salary, cash bonus and long-...
- HBR Consulting – The Billing Evolution: How far along is your firm?
By Sharon Quaintance and Christine Indiano
Even if your legal work is first-rate, a lack of timely and accurate billing is likely negatively impacting your firm’s profitability.
In response, firms are increasing their...
- HBR Consulting's annual survey reveals law departments are striving for operational excellence in the midst of increased legal demand
As global organizations’ legal needs continue to increase, corporate law departments are adopting more innovative practices to better control outside counsel costs, according to the 2017 HBR Consulting (HBR) Law Department Survey, whose...
- Boats against the current: the rise of law firm operations leaders by HBR Consulting
This article was originally written by Nick Quil president at HBR Consulting.
This year’s Annual Law...
- InfoTrack's offering the chance to win an Amazon Echo for completing its conveyancing survey
InfoTrack are offering the chance to win an Amazon Echo for one lucky participant.
The conveyancing services provider are conducting a short survey to learn more about today's' attitudes and communication processes within the...
- HBR Consulting mitigates risk for law firms with new data loss prevention tagger product
One of the most exciting parts of my job as head of Software Solutions at HBR Consulting is that daily, I get to speak to successful law firm and corporate legal leaders about trends and topics influencing their industry.
One common theme...
- HBR Consulting: Why global law firms must prioritise anti-money laundering policies
In 2015, 11.5 million documents referred to as the Panama Papers were leaked from a Panamanian law firm and revealed widespread global tax evasion involving notable individuals (including FIFA soccer officials and the Icelandic Prime Minister)....
- HBR Consulting explains how to prepare for new data regulations in Europe
Resource - 21/08/2017 : EU data protection, GDPR, Law firm consulting, Law firm managed services, Law firm operations, law firm technology, Legal consulting, Knowledge Management, Risk & Compliance, Technology, Practice Management
A surprising 80 percent of international IT professionals say they know little to nothing about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), according to a Dell survey. And a staggering 97 percent said their organizations do not have a plan for...
- HBR Consulting reports on the findings of HBR Legal Lab 2017
The legal ecosystem continues to evolve. New competitors, alternative providers, increasing client expectations, emerging technology and a growing emphasis on diversity are challenging industry norms and creating an impetus...