- Global employment company achieves significant savings by restructuring vendor engagements with HBR Consulting
A recruitment and career management company that operates globally engaged HBR Consulting (HBR) to increase efficiencies and cut costs in its rapidly-changing environment.
- The 2019 Legal Lab Executive Summary, from HBR Consulting
Legal Lab 2019, HBR’s fifth annual gathering of leaders from leading law departments and law firms, marked a turning point from prior years where we were poised on the brink of change in the legal industry.
- Growth and gratitude: HBR recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies
The legal industry is in the midst of a major transformation, and HBR Consulting is fortunate to be at the forefront of that change. As trusted advisors and providers to both law departments and law firms, we understand how the unique strategies...
- HBR Consulting discuss their recent visit to ILTACON 2019
It was great to see so many friends at ILTACON in Orlando last week – it was an excellent opportunity to network, learn and have fun.
While this year’s conference theme and location surrounded us with nostalgic TV characters...
- Implementing a law firm records disposition program, from HBR Consulting
Managing a records retention and disposition program is one of the chronic challenges for any organization in the information age. Businesses and government agencies of all sizes are seeking to implement or improve these programs due to increased...
- Five reasons to build your law firm’s IT security framework on NIST standards
Law firms are daily targets for cybercrime and targeted data breaches. Criminals are keenly aware that
law firms can be a “back door” to valuable confidential data, such as trade secrets, intellectual property
- HBR Consulting discuss: How law firms and law departments can harness innovation
In a profession enamored with centuries-old precedent, the term “legal innovation” has long been an oxymoron. Lawyers were commonly—and often rightly—perceived as too stagnant and tradition-bound to embrace radical change...
- Forecast: Law firms will be cloud ready by 2021
Law firms have long talked about the attractiveness of migrating their IT infrastructure to the cloud, but they have not made appreciable steps to date. This is due in large part to an understandable fear of negative client reaction...
- Advancing the law firm IT function: How clients, the firm and IT pros all win
The number-one law firm IT challenge heading into 2019 had nothing to do with acquiring bigger servers or faster networks. The top law firm IT issue for this year was the strategic challenge of change management, according to the ...
- GDPR: Are the fines real?
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), organisations may be fined up to €20 million, or 4% of the total worldwide annual turnover of the preceding financial year, whichever is higher. In January 2019, the...
- Law department analytics survey reports
The rise of data analytics has in the past decade substantially impacted how businesses operate and provide services. The legal industry, on the other hand, has been much slower to adopt analytics than other verticals. That is beginning to change...
- Best practices in contract management
Every organisation has contracts, but not every organization adequately manages its contracts. And while the nature and complexity of these agreements can vary widely, careful governance enables organizations to maximize their value and limit...
- How centers of excellence are accelerating efficiencies across the legal landscape
Across today’s legal ecosystem, a set of complex forces has pushed law firms to strategically reexamine and transform operational support in a way that places a greater emphasis and value on corporate client-facing activities...
- Preparing for the next economic cycle: Why law firms are looking to centers of excellence to increase operational efficiency
Although the predicted time frame varies, most business economists suggest that a recession is on the horizon within the next two years, ...
- Suppliers in the spotlight: A look at procurement priorities for law firms in 2019
Procurement plays an essential role in law firms’ ability to reduce and contain costs, manage risks and improve the level of supplier service delivery. Reflecting procurement’s rising value, a majority of law firms (67...