- Sprout IT: Five things all financial director's should know about GDPR
1. Subject Access Requests – You will no longer be able to charge people for dealing with their requests and on top of that to put even more pressure on resources allocated to the task which can often be time consuming, the 40 day deadline...
- Sprout IT: WannaCry – could your Firewall have helped?
Resource - 25/05/2017 : cyberattack, Hosted provider for legal, IT Support for solicitors, legal it, Outsource IT support in legal, Security IT specialist in legal, WannaCry, Risk & Compliance, Technology
Yes, it could and should have done!
The attack hit over 100 countries across the world with an untold number of victims. WannaCry is a combination of a Trojan/ransomware and a worm that leverages an SMB file sharing...
- Sprout IT discusses ransomware and what you need to know
The virus that infected the NHS and other systems over the weekend is known as “WannaCry” Ransomware. It is believed that the source of the infection was via an email opened and resulted in spread throughout the network. Once a...
- Sprout IT is attending an infosecurity event
Infosecurity Europe 2017 – 6th to 8th June, Olympia, LondonInfosecurity Europe is the region’s number one information security event featuring Europe’s largest and most...
- Sprout IT has been listed as 15th best managed service provider in the world
Channel E2E, who tracks strategic IT service providers and pinpoint top KPIs, has favourably ranked Sprout IT.Channel E2E tracks strategic IT service providers and the five stages of their business...
- Sprout IT: Unleashing your human firewall
It’s Friday, time to let your hair down and think about winding down to the weekend. But don’t relax your awareness to social engineering attacks! Perpetrators of phishing and spear phishing will try to get...
- Sprout IT: Protecting client data
You have by now more than likely read the story of the barrister fined by the ICO for failing to keep her client's information secure. I wonder how commonplace the same security carelessness is within her peer group, through insecure local...
- Cybersecurity: Technology, alone, is not enough by Sprout IT
Cyber threats and the sophistication and speed of cyber-attacks are increasing at an alarming pace.The huge volume of important and often sensitive data held and collated by Chambers and Barristers can be a soft...
- Sprout IT achieve cyber essentials plus certification
In line with their on-going commitment to the highest levels of information security and robust IT processes, SproutIT have taken their Cyber Essentials certification to the next level and are now Cyber Essentials Plus...
- Sprout IT: Microsoft calls ‘end of life’ on windows Vista operating system
This article was originally written by Matt Torrens managing director at Sprout IT.
Windows Vista Extended Support, finally comes to an end on April 11th 2017. From...
- Sprout IT has been recognised as one of Britain's best managed IT companies in 2016
In the Christmas rush, we didn’t mention that late last year, Matt Torrens, Managing Director of SproutIT accepted the Britain’s 50 Best Managed IT Companies Award.
The top 50 Best Managed IT Companies Award recognises...
- Nine top tips for safe online christmas shopping from Sprout IT
We all do it, some of us even enjoy it – but, when we go Christmas present shopping, some of us get scammed. In the seasonal spirit of goodwill, here’s a Sprout tip list to keep you safe whilst you browse.
Updates and Anti-...
- SproutIT on Microsoft's plans to increase software prices by 22% after Brexit
Microsoft will increase the prices it charges British businesses by up to 22% to account for the slump in the value of the pound following the EU referendum result, the software company has announced.
Microsoft announced in its UK tech...
- Insufficient cyber awareness among employees is putting UK legal firms at great risk says SproutIT
SproutIT and AXELOS announce today that SproutIT will offer the RESILIA cyber resilience awareness programme as part of its learning and technology proposition for the legal sector. The deal will mean that companies across the...
- Sprout IT launches new hosted PBX service, SproutVoice, with Exponential-e
British cloud and networking provider, Exponential-e, has partnered with legal IT specialist SproutIT, to launch SproutVoice, a new hosted private branch exchange (PBX) voice service platform.
With traditional PBXs struggling to meet the...