Bulletin Pro from Thomson Reuters case study with Lewis Silkin

Lewis Silkin is a top 100 UK law firm, with market leading practices in employment and immigration, brands and intellectual property, as well as outstanding knowledge of the marcomms, media and technology sectors.

Here, Lynne Jones, Head of Library and Research Centre at Lewis Silkin, describes how her team now provide better current awareness management and how Bulletin Pro has helped them achieve that.

“At Lewis Silkin, we view the provision of current awareness to the business as a core focus for the library team. Keeping our fee earners up to date on specific legal, sector and industry issues is a key part of our role, and we have traditionally dedicated a great deal of our time to sourcing the correct information, and collating and formatting it to produce comprehensive updates on key practice areas and sectors.”

An increasingly varied practice, though, meant that demand for tailored bulletins was growing while economic drivers had led to a decrease in head count in the library. We wanted to be able to produce more current awareness updates, and look at a wider variety of sources, but we just didn’t have the capacity to do it so decided that we needed to find a solution that would allow us to streamline our processes and increase our offering.

What we were looking for

We started by writing a list of what it was that we needed from a solution. We wanted a product that was source agnostic, allowing us to harvest our content from any supplier and be able to access the same information we had always used when building our updates, as well being able to add more content streams. We wanted a central repository for our current awareness information, so that all members of the library staff could easily access the same materials. We wanted no limit on the number of bulletins that we could create. We wanted to be able to automatically publish bulletins when we were happy with the content being pulled in, rather than manually editing each one. We wanted to be able to brand our bulletins to show that the library were producing them, and to make it clear where we were getting our content from. And critically, we wanted something that allowed us to do all of this quickly and efficiently.

We spent quite some time looking for the perfect solution for us. What we found were solutions that allowed us to aggregate different sources, but only if we pulled in pre- determined content – we wanted to set up searches to find information that was relevant to us. Other suppliers couldn’t offer access to our subscription based resources, and some could only access limited content. There was nothing on the market that ticked all of our boxes. 

DOWNLOAD THE PDF ABOVE TO READ THE FULL CASE STUDY

Post a Comment

Add your comment