Recently CB Resourcing surveyed hiring managers across the UK legal information sector. The survey was presented on a panel at the 2018 BIALL conference with key figures from across the industry.
Of particular interest for job seekers the survey captured the priorities of hiring managers when adding to their teams.
The survey results indicate that customer service orientation is the most important consideration for hiring managers in the legal information sector.
What is Unstructured Data?
Unstructured is defined as “not formally organised in a set or conventional pattern”.
At home, most of us save documents to either our Documents folder on the PC or to cloud storage products like Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive.
We can save the documents wherever we want, and we can create folders that make sense to us. We can create documents and save them in these folders in way that suits us …. individually.
HighQ is pleased to announce their acquisition of Legal Anywhere, a North American software and technology company. The two organisations are market leaders that specialise in secure, mobile enterprise collaboration and file sharing solutions for the legal industry.
It's estimated that three quarters of small business owners forego holidays in order to keep things running smoothly at work. An inestimable number of senior workers are unable to fully switch off when on holiday over worries that issues will crop up that can't be resolved without them.
But everyone needs a holiday...
In this episode, Tory MP Ken Clarke reveals why he has occasionally dressed up in women’s underwear. The former Lord Chancellor and current Father of the House of Commons also tells Kevin what he thinks of his new-found fans – drawn by his outspoken views on Brexit.
This episode won't disappoint. The pair also discuss: pressure to modify Ken's Nottinghamshire accent; attending Rushcliffe beauty parades for column inches; death threats; selfies; and Trump (the president, not the inflatable baby).
In this episode, Kevin is joined by Yasmin Sheikh. Yasmin is the founder of Diverse Matters, vice-chair of the Law Society’s Lawyers with Disabilities Division, consultant, coach, actress, comedian and TEDx speaker.
During their conversation, Yasmin talks about her experience of being thrown into the world of disability overnight and the daily challenges she faces. Yasmin also discusses the impactful work she's doing with law firms, advising about disability-related issues in an effort to improve communication, visibility and opportunities.
When the topic of artificial intelligence in the legal industry surfaced a handful of years ago, conceptual and visionary topics dominated the discussion. Questions like “What will AI mean to human practitioners?” and “What areas could AI impact the most?” drove the narrative of articles, studies and projections.
Generously hosted by our friends at Addleshaw Goddard, the latest event in the portfolio puts the focus on the transformations taking place within buildings and office space.
What to expect
On the speaker line up………..
- Alexander East, modern workplace and security specialist, Microsoft
- Ross Jeremy, head of collaboration, Simmons and Simmons
- Yuval Dvir, global online scaled partnerships, Google
- Senior representative, Deloitte
- Alaana Linney, director, Bupa Health Services
- David Fazakerley, CIO, MW Solicitors
- Peter Gill, chief commercial officer, Converge
- Richard Francis, principal, Monomoy and steering comimittee member, UK Green Building Council
- Justine Thompson, Head of Diversity and Inclusivity, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
- Julie Wacker, Business Psychologist, Robertson Cooper
- Senior representative, Addleshaw Goddard
- Daniel Winterfeldt, Global capital markets partner,, Reed Smith and founder, Interlaw diversity forum
- Over three hours of networking with like-minded people at the only networking event for business services within legal!
- A free networking masterclass
- Exposure to over 100 law firms and suppliers
- Assistance making connections and finding solutions
- Help with finding a new job
- Food and drinks
- The chance to catch up with old and new colleague