Please join us at one of our upcoming working lunches on the new SRA Accounts Rules this September in London, Reading or Birmingham.
The new Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Accounts Rules are due to come into effect from 25 November 2019 and our series of working lunch seminars in September will support and advise law firms on the implications and what the new rules mean to them.
• The new framework & compliance structure along with the new focus on risk
• Who is bound by the new rules Who is bound by the new rules
In the aftermath of headline-grabbing cyber attacks, managing partners in law firms and Barristers' Chambers around the world have been posing the same question to their firm’s IT leaders:
“Could this happen to us?”
“Yes” is likely the honest answer.
What to expect
- From 7.30 - Registration and breakfast
- 8.30 - Seminar starts
- 9.00 - Networking & refreshments
- Matt Torrens, COO, Sprout IT
- Sam Oliver, Senior Product Specialist, CybSafe
- Ian Bernhardt, Head of Compliance, Sprout IT
Key Discussion Points
- Psychological traits and biases cyber criminals routinely exploit
- Who are people in law firms who are most likely to suffer from each bias, and who are therefore most at risk?
- How law firms and IT leaders can control for human psychology to tackle the human aspect of cyber security, which remains the number one cause of breaches and attacks
Attending this event will give you a chance to see some of the recent product enhancements, it will also give you a deep insight into the future of time recording for Carpe Diem, and will give you the opportunity to help shape the direction of the Carpe Diem product family.
Carpe Diem has had several exciting releases, rich in new features and functionality, and we would love to share them with you at the event, these include:
ConnectLive 2019 returns to London!
Technology is changing faster than ever. Here is a chance to catch up with a day of intense content. This year’s ConnectLive will be filled with sessions that promote connections, education, and foster communications to share best practices.
Who Should Attend ConnectLive?
The phrase “Quality Engineering” (QE) is becoming commonplace in the software testing and quality assurance (QA) world. Whilst debates over the relationship and differences between software testing and QA are well established, QE brings a new angle and a further evolution in practices around full lifecycle quality.
This seminar will discuss the concept of quality engineering, what this next “evolution” of software testing actually means and how organisations are implementing quality engineering approaches.
What to expect
6:00pm - Arrivals and welcome drinks
6:30pm - Welcome & Introductions
6:35pm - Software Testing, Quality Assurance and Now Quality Engineering - What the @$%#?
Chris Thompson, Client Services Director at Ten10
6:55pm - Case Study: Quality Engineering at Marcus by Goldman Sachs
Rob Munford, Senior Vice President, Goldman Sachs
7:15pm - Foundations of Quality Engineering: What Does Good Look Like and What Can We Learn from Other Industries? Ash Gawthorp, Solutions Director, Ten10
7:45pm - Open discussion with drinks and summer BBQ
Supporting the advancement of women in the legal profession — register for this year's must-attend women’s leadership in the law event.
Thomson Reuters Transforming Women’s Leadership in the Law (TWLL) programme is delighted to announce its second annual conference bringing together key individuals across the legal industry to address the structural barriers that impede women as they progress in their legal careers.
What to expect
TWLL's 2019 conference will feature keynote sessions, practical case studies and workshops from industry leaders, covering a range of topics, including:
- Recent diversity research conducted in partnership with Acritas
- Practical steps to offer best in breed culture
- Driving diversity from the top through diverse recruitment and talent planning
- Developing a buy-side charter
- Methods for embedding core values and behaviours across your organisation
- Methods and practices that turn the dial for male advocates of change
- Steps to address the gender and ethnicity pay gap and incentives
- Managing yourself, your team and your career
- Intersectionality: personal stories shared
Who will benefit
- Head of Strategy
- Heads of Talent
- General Counsel
- Associate GCs
- Heads of Diversity
- Executive Leadership positions
Connect, learn, and experience
Thomson Reuters invites you to attend the VANTAGE 2019 EMEA Regional Conference held this year in London. Get ready to experience VANTAGE and gain the perspective you need to take your business to the next level!
Experience the Highest Quality Events in the Industry
Get the latest updates on the software solutions your firm uses, including 3E, 3E MatterSphere, 3E Workspace, Enterprise, and eBillingHub.
What to expect
Schedule and Curriculum
Thomson Reuters Professional (UK) invites you to the VANTAGE 2019 EMEA Regional Conference to be held in London, UK. This two-day conference offers a great opportunity for you to learn about innovations and new capabilities available in Thomson Reuters solutions. Our session curriculum will cover a wide range of topics and product lines designed to help users maximize their current software solutions, such as 3E, 3E MatterSphere, 3E Workspace, Enterprise, and much more. In addition, this event will offer several networking opportunities to share best practices and discuss industry trends with your peers.
- Product Vision General Session
- Over 50 informative sessions and tutorials featuring demos, client best practices, thought leadership, and subject matter experts
- 3E Product Strategy and Roadmap
- Hands-on Learning Zone
- VANTAGE Expo
- Over three hours of networking with like-minded people at the only networking event for business services within legal!
- Exposure to over 100 law firms and suppliers
- Assistance making connections and finding solutions
- Help with finding a new job
- Food and drinks
- The chance to